Sunday, September 28, 2008

This week

Alex was evaluated on Tuesday at Village Preschool. I didn't realize that there would be a psych evaluation too, but whew! that went well. :-) Alex showed that she has some oral motor issues with a forward pushing tongue. She works very hard to get her ideas across, but her IQ is very high. She works very hard to make sure we understand her. All this energy we feel, as fortunately so did they, that with all the energy she takes to get her point across it could inhibit her from a foward progression, and it could slow her down socially. We also don't want to just compare her to other kids her age--not when she is so amazing, it feels like we would be holding her back. They suggest she receives therapy for 6 months. They loved her. Even though she had a cold, she was adorable. She is also someone who works hard at pleasing everyone. She knew that Kath had issues. When asked why Kath has therapists come to the house, she answered, "Stroke, in utero." Immediately. I never discussed this with her, she picked it up. She didn't know what that meant, but she is like a little magpie, collecting info.

We went to Conn yesterday to attend a birthday party for the sibling of one the hemi kids we met at the Sturbridge retreat. The girls had a blast. We played at their house and also at a kid play place. Alex had fun running around with other kids (carrying her baby everywhere) and Kath loved trying herself on all sorts of climbing aparatus.

Things here are going well. I have been obsessed with reading the Twilight Series. I have devoured three of the books in one week--they are all about 500+ pages. Since I don't sleep much they are good company. It would be GREAT if my insomnia-like issues would allow me to clean and correct papers, but I am lazy.

Nick is coming home this week. I can't wait to see him; it has been since August. Chris turns 21 this Sat. Wow. How did I get to be this old?


My writing is stagnant but I feel like when I am done absorbing Twilight I might be able to think/write.

I apologize for this being a short and boring post. I want to go read. :-)

No comments: